From:
"Holmquist, Maxwell R" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 1996 22:28:34 -0500
Hi,
I have just made an initial deal with a ferret shelter here in Stevens
Point.  The ferrets avaliable were a male and female pair of very cute
sables.  The initial cost is $150 dollars and I am a bit short and have a
lot of other expenses to take care of like helping to pay my way throgh
college.  Would anyone feel it in their hearts to make a small donation ?
It would be greatly appreciated and a good deed at that.

        Sincerly and dooks, Max Holmquist

[Moderator's note: It's nice to see your love of ferrets and that you're
trying to give a couple of shelter ferrets a good home.  But if you have
trouble coming up with the $150 (yes, a sizable sum, I admit), I can't help
but wonder what would happen the first time you have to rush one to the vet.
Vet charges are often incredibly reasonable in the US, but that doesn't mean
a simple emergency like a piece of insole lodged in the stomach won't cost a
few hundred dollars to deal with!  BIG]