From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 10:36:47 -0400
Hi Heather- adn FML readers!

WHOA!  Heateher i actually chortled at your epost!  Takes a lot to do
that these days--- GOOD NEWS IN NH AS of May 24th! :)  NO ferrets may be
LAWFULLY sold in NH under the age of 8 weeks.  A victory at this point in
law only we now have the challenge of enforcing it.  PLEASE DO!  report
underage kits to the Director - NH Dept of Agriculture - Animal Industry
in Concord, NH.

Please have the location of the infraction - date viewed, conditions, and
name of any clerk or worker you spoke with.  Be prepared to forward the
complaint in writing as well.  It will take a while but we are working on
a dental aging guide that Ferret Wise WILL distribute to all 670 NH vets
and to all NH licensed shelters and to ALL NH pets stores.  Unfortunately
Peter Reid of Marshall's was interviewed by a NH paper and stated they
never ship ferrets under the age of 8 weeks.  So we now are surrmounting
this campaign to illustrate the correct age of ferrets which arrive in
petstores!

This is the only way we can try to teach that industry is selling underage
kits w/o conscience.  Please support the shelter's efforts in this
education and humane project!

On to wild NH ferrets -- Well I have seen mink, weasels and we get our
share or ermine too -- but no, I have yet to find a wild ferret in NH.  I
guess I have been looking under the wrong rock or tree!

What is this students address?  - perhaps I should write and send along
some ferrety information! :)

Back to the shelter chores-- Heather you have got a project on your hands-
but I am happy to help!

Alicia
at Ferret Wise
www.ferretwise.org