From:
Megan Lovejoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 12:24:03 -0700
hi all,
thanks for everyone who welcomed me to the list!  I had some questions
about feeding older ferrets.  I've heard different things about when , if
ever, you should switch older ferrets off of kitten food?  My older ferrets
(between 4.5 and 6.5 yrs) are currently eating a mix of about 2/3 adult pro
plan chick/rice, and 1/3 kitten pro plan chick/rice, and my young'ins (four
months and almost three months) are getting just the kitten food.  This is
what a local small ferret-shelter-lady advised, whom I trust, but I've
heard that my older ferrets should be on strictly on adult, and also that
they should be on strictly kitten!  A local pet store chain just started
carrying Totally ferret, and I am going to start mixing it in with the pro
plan (too expensive to feed exclusively right now!), but the store won't be
selling the "old ferts" formula.  So, any suggestions for feeding "old
guys" would be appreciated!