From:
Carrie Landry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Aug 1996 00:42:32 +0000
I am new to the FML so I hope I did this correct and sent it to the right
place.  I wanted to tell Dave Welch of my experience with traveling in the
car with fuzzies.  My ferrets are free roamers who travel in the car often
so this may make a difference.  However, my fuzzies travelled from South
Carolina all the way to the west coast and the slept for 95% of the 5 day
ride.  The purr of the engine affected them like a baby and they are knocked
out real quick with out the help of any sedatives!  I kept a water bottle
and just put a towel under it to absorbed the water drip.

How long until you move?  Can you take them for rides beforehand?  Misha and
Sugar pea love to look out the window and if there is someone in the
passenger seat, we let them stick there heads out the window like a dog and
the love it!  But after about 5 minutes of that they climb onto my lap, even
if they are being squished under the steering wheel and zonk out for most of
the ride.