From:
Rebecca Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 03:32:00 EDT
Hi Everyone,

I too was questioning why Ty has not made a ferret beanie baby.  I went to
a Beanie Baby chat room a few months ago, God help me :-) and was told
that the CEO of Ty, Ty Warner, hated ferrets and that was why one was
never made.  I don't know how true this is but I decided to E-mail him
([log in to unmask]) and I put "Ferret Beanie" in the subject heading and
when I checked the status of my E-mail alittle later it said that it was
deleted.  I sent another E-mail using Ty Warner's name as the subject
heading and he read it but never got back to me.  It just makes me wonder
if he really does hate ferrets.  It does seem odd that Ty has come out with
just about every other animal imaginable.

I called them to ask why a ferret beanie was never made and if their was
any plans on one coming out and the lady told me that I would have to send
them a letter.

The address she gave me is:  Ty Inc.
                     Attn:  Consumer Affairs
                     Box 5377
                                           Oakbrook, IL  60522

The phone number I called is 1-800-876-8000.  I haven't wrote them a letter
yet but since the subject has come up I really would love to see if they
would give a response.  Anyway...I just wanted to pass on some info.

Rebecca and the gang of fuzzy out-of-control four legged children :-)