Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 05:16:00 -0700
I just have to add my $.02 to this subject.

I have been "Volunteering" for a ferret shelter for the past few months.  I
met the Shelter Managers after one of my ferrets passed away.  I found them
on the internet, they had a great website.  I brought them some donations.

As time passed, I got to know them.  I really like all of the ferret people
I have met so far, and I think that the shleter people are extrodinary.
The way I volunteer is that I do anything I can for them.  Long-distance
rescues, fund-raising drives, donations, and I spend some Sundays at
PetsMart with them.  I make donations of whatever I can whenever I can.
I have also adopted two ferrets from them (so far...).

So even if I have trouble lifting a 40lb bag of food or litter, I know that
the shelter and the fuzzies appreciate my help.  I enjoy doing what I can,
and I only wish that I could do more.  So who cares about lifting that
40-lb bag, I brought it with me for them, and somehow, I'll get it into
the shelter, just like I got it into my vehicle!

Edward L., you are not a people person.  You should be greatful for any of
the help that you do get.  I hope your volunteers read what you wrote, so
that they know how you feel about them.  You are so bitter, it makes me
wonder what condition you are in.  Is there any food in your intestine?
Are you biting out of anger or starvation?  I have no 40-lb bag donation
for you.