From:
Kelley Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2007 19:30:07 -0400
Bailey (aka Bubbs) left us sometime during the night last night. He
would have been six years old in September. I knew that he was leaving
us yesterday. I held him for hours and talked to him about the Bridge.
I told him that he could go, that I would take good care of the others
and that he had an important job to do for me. He is to deliver a
message to all the others waiting for me at the Bridge that I love
and miss them all so much. And that I'll come to get them some day.

Bailey was very unusual for a ferret. I don't recall him ever getting
into trouble. The others would be getting into something they shouldn't
and Bailey would just stand there and look at me as if to say, "I tried
to tell them that they shouldn't be doing that."

Sammy and Bear, his cagemates, miss Bailey terribly. Sammy in
particular has been wandering around looking for Bailey.

Muldoone - if you'd please make sure that Bailey got there okay, I'd
appreciate it so much. Maybe you could talk him into letting loose and
getting into a little bit of mischief? I'd like to think of him having
a great time and getting into a little bit of trouble while he waits
for me.

Tell him again how much we love and miss him. He should be greeted
by quite a large group - Ben, Jerri, Hershey, Casper, Oscar, Felix,
Justin, Shadow and Bailey. He knew all of them except Ben.

Each time I lose one of my "little buddies" I wonder if I can keep
going through this. It just tears my heart out each time they leave.
The remaining six had best stick around for a while. I can't do this
again any time soon. Hug all your fuzzies an extra time or two for
me and for Bailey. Bye my sweet Bubbs.

Kelley & Jeff

Sammy, Bear, Princess, Daisy, Bandit and Poncho

Missing Ben, Jerri, Hershey, Casper, Oscar, Felix, Justin, Shadow and
Bailey