Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 01:32:01 EDT
Hi FML friends,

I'm usually a lurker but some of you know me, I've been on the FML for 3
1/2 years now.  I posted about my sweet BEW Daisy's blackhead-infested
tail, oh, about 3-4 months ago now.  Well, I have bad news, she has been
exhibiting the patterned hair loss which is increasing as the weeks are
going by and was just diagnosed w/ adrenal.  So it ended up being not just
blackheads causing her tail hair loss. :(

I am so bummed and also mad because Daisy is only 18 months old !!!!!!
Bummed that she has to have adrenal at such a young age (she's otherwise
healthy), and mad at FFF Farms, where she's from.  Anyone else with FFF
babies experience this w/ their young ferts???

Anyway, I would love any and all advice for those of you who have gone thru
adrenal surgery with your furkids.  Daisy's is scheduled for Wed. 10/13.
How do they make it thru the surgery?  How are they afterwards?  Do they
try to open their stitches?  Do they usually refuse food/water, and for how
long?  Do they bounce back quickly?  Do they do better alone in a "recovery
cage" without their normal cagemates (Daisy is used to sleeping in a pile
w/ her three sisters, and I'm worried she'll be lonely!) anything else I
should think of?

I'm planning on taking three days off work so I can be with her 24/7 for
five full days, at least, plus will probably bring her to work with me to
watch over her if needed as well.

Please email me at [log in to unmask] with your thoughts, advice,
suggestions, etc.  Thanks!  Give your fuzzies a big hug and kiss today.

- Jen and the furry foursome: Casey (this month's Sept. calendar girl!),
  Jasmine (sweetheart girl), Samantha ("Fine Ferret" winner!) and Daisy
  (poor adrenal babe)