From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 1996 10:10:30 -0400
Well, I just heard of "Demigigas" Saturday, and was all set to ask the FML
about it, but Bill and Jack beat me to it.

I was at the first NAFA sponsored show put on by the Ohio Ferrets and
Friends Association in Akron.  Doug McKay was there with a couple of his
hobs, big short-faced, black-nosed smelly fellas.  He was not showing them,
but brought them to let others see.  Said he'd been working 8 years to bring
back the "original sable", now called Demigigas.

Well in the cage next to his was a 3 lb *Marshall Farms* sprite that was the
spitting image of his carefully bred boys.  Doug was rather surprised, and
carefully checked for the tatoos; yep there they are.  And to top it off,
this pet shop girl won Best of Show.  (Note: it was a small, members only
show mainly to serve as judge-training.)

So the genes are obviously in the pool, and can pop out at unexpected times!

The other question that came up was how the shape of the back of the skull
supposedly indicates the extent of "fitch" (I assume polecat) influence.
Would the morphologists among us care to comment?

Linda, Richard, Joy, Belle and Caruso