From:
Ken Nyren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:36:08 -0400
The Tommy Hilfiger story is a myth that started in 1997 and has been on
and off email lists since.  see link
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/weekly/aa121698.htm

If you didn't see it yourself please, please, please don't report it as
fact.  These myths are simple to verify, I verified it as a myth in less
than 20 sec with a www.dogpile.com search using "Tommy Hilfiger on
Oprah".  Unfortunately once the fire is started it is hard to put out and
the effect it has can be devastating.  If everyone were to boycott
Hilfiger designs, It would effect the employees and stock holders as much
or more than Tommy Hilfiger.  (think about how collapsing a company like
Hilfiger would effect our economy) These myths are little more that
corporate terrorism, and worse the terrorists trap innocent but reactive
people into doing their job for them.  Again please verify these as fact
before forwarding them to anyone much less a mailing list.  If you take
the time to do this you will find that if it sounds unreal it most likely
is.  Not to mention saving yourself some embarrassment.

Sorry for the rant but it is a pet peeve of mine when someone preys
on ignorance and innocence in any manner.  If you have forwarded the
Hilfiger story to anyone please send a retraction and take your due
lumps.

Ken Nyren