From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 13:53:48 -0400
This is a sad one so please skip if you can't read it.  I'm asking for
anyone who knows any information on the following event.

Canada Day (July 1) was not a nice day for 2 fuzzies in Brampton, Ontario.
This is their story.  Please if you have any information on these fuzzies
let me know.

A nice elderly couple went for a walk in their favorite park to watch the
fireworks and take in the fresh air.  They walked this path every night for
the past 8 years together.  As they strolled hand in hand, the woman noticed
something strange.

She had spotted a garbage bag in the near distance and gasped when she saw
it moving.  It was 8 o'clock and it was still light out, but the woman
couldn't see what was moving in the bag.

The went closer and opened the bag.  Their eyes widened in horror as the
saw 2 little ferrets peeking up at them.  They were tied together with
string and left in the garbage bag to die in the day's hot sun.

The couple took them home.  Untying them was not easy.  Sizzors needed to be
used to cut the tightly tied string.  The woman was bitten, but under stood
their pain.

When the ferrets were brought to me at 11:30 that night, they could not walk
as they had no muscle.  They were nearly dead in my arms and couldn't hold
their tiny heads up.  They were covered in motor oil and had burns on the
pads of their feet.  They were so emaciated they were literally skin &
bones.

I never thought the smaller male would make it through the night.  Even
with constant feedings throughout the night, I didn't think he'd be strong
enough.

He made it, and so did his bigger brother.  They are both male, 1.5 lbs &
2.5 lbs.  Don't let that fool you, they are skinny as skinny can be.
Please, if anyone has any information about the 2 ferrets, contact me at

The Ferret Aid Society
http://home.echo-on.net/~magick