From:
Nancy Stenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 09:00:23 -0500
>Also, I got a quote from the vet's for adrenal surgery and I thought it was
>astronmically out of line...over $900!!!!!  Is this typical of the cost???

Surgery costs seem to vary wildly from place to place and even locally.
We just had our first adrenal surgery and the vet estimated $250-350,
depending on complexity and such once she was in.  It wound up being $335,
and she took out not only the left adrenal, but some insulinoma nodules,
part of the pancreas, and a large hairball.  Another vet in the area
estimated $450-650.  But i guess it depends in part on where you are.
This is the midwest, generally cheaper in all things than the coasts.

Nancy
--
Nancy Stenson
Institute of Linguistics, ESL, and Slavic Languages and Literatures

Phone: (612) 624-2529
email:  [log in to unmask]