From:
Kathy Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 10:56:13 -0500
Hi Everyone
Weezzer and Pennie
Although I do not live in Alabama (not even in the U.S. but in Manitoba,
Canada) I read your post on the F.M.L.  and thought I could give you some
ideas on what to do.  First they need to be reported to your local Humane
Society or animal welfare.  If you can or want to, go with them on their
visit.  Talk to your vet about what you saw and heard, maybe he could
also help.  File a report with Petco's head office telling them what the
employee/manager told you.  As they are in the business of selling animals
(which I don't always agree with), I don't think their head office would
appreciate one of their employees trying to bad mouth and undermine their
business.  This hits them where it hurts, the pocket book.

Before you start all this you may want to make a quick trip back to the
store and let this fool run his mouth off.  Then point out and correct
everything with your knowledge of ferrets and show him what an idiot he is.

We are lucky here in Winnipeg, Mb.  Only two of all our pet stores sell
ferrets and we try to work with them and all known pet stores in Manitoba
that sell ferrets by sending out free information and working to educate
them on ferrets.  The progress is slow but it's working.

Take care and if you get a chance let me know how you make out Kathy and
the Ferret Collective - hope this helps

P.S. I tried to send this to your e-mail address on the F.M.L. but it
bounced back