Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 23:48:42 EST
Awhile back in a Marshall Farms debate I compared the Holocaust to puppy
mills, and there was some interesting comments made.  Today-'The Holocaust
and Animal Exploitation' is the cover of The Animals Agenda.  Half the
cover is of men in the barracks-weak and starving and piled on wooden
platforms.  The right side is the gruesome picture of other living beings
being forced to endure the same thing-crammed onto platforms, dying,
starving, until they are murdered.

Eternal Treblinka:Our Treatment of Animals and the Holocaust is by social
historian Charles Patterson.  I read the excerpts, and feel compelled to
purchase the book, along with the The Letter Writer-a novel by Bashevis
Singer.Yet a part of me wants to really throw the magazine away.  Or throw
up.  Or hit someone.  Or make everyone see what I am seeing and reading.

I picture all of the ferrets in basements in dark corners all alone
starving; suffering.  I see the female ferrets "used up" by the big
breeders.  Are they clubbed to death, or given injections, or stuck in
cages in some locked room until they starve to death?

"What do they know-all these scholars, all the leaders of the world-about
such as you?  They have convinced themselves that man, the worst
transgressor of all the species, is the crown of creation.  All other
creatures were created merely to provide him with food, pelts, to be
tormented, exterminated.  In relation to them, all people are Nazis; for
the animals it is an eternal Treblinka." From The Letter Writer

Thank God for the shelter operators and volunteers here, and the many
that have taken in abandoned animals.  Before I found the FML-I felt so
isolated.  Who could understand that it was important to save a ferrets
life?  To treat"it" as a him or her.  There was no repreive from the
sadness of animal suffering until I asked God to take the pain from me
to sleep.

God Bless All of you for your sacrifices.
Here is a good definition of love for US:
U B4 Me.