From:
bs906431 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 22:05:21 +0200
Hi all,

to Meagan Quinn.
You wrote:
>i spoke with Dr. Weiss yesterday.  What a great guy.  He gave me a bunch
>of info in Insulima so i could be prepared upon going into the NY vet.
>
>He said it was OK to post that he feels it is VERY important people get a
>hold of the insulinoma aritcle that he wrote (with Dr. Bruce Williams).
>The study he did supports the concept of removing the tumors on the
>pancreas AND do a partial pancreatomy

The article in question, could it be "Insulinoma in the ferret: clinical
findings and treatment- comparison of 66 cases" that appeared in the
nov/dec 1998 issue of the "Journal of the American Animal Hospital
Association".  We got hold of a copy of that article when we went to
another vet (in co=F6peration with our regular vet) to do an ultrasound
exam on our departed Gizmo.  As dr.  Weiss stated to you, the article
really contains some very usefull information.  And I find it quite
understandable even for a layman.  (On my account it needed a translating
English-Dutch dictionary for the medical terms of course.)

to all the FML:
Tania and I would like to express our gratitude for the words of comfort
that some of you sent us.  Although the mails mostly brought back the tears
to our eyes, they surely help us to get through these darker days.  THANK
YOU ALL !!

Some people also send us some ferret information as a reaction to my
pointing out the lack of good medical information here in Belgium.  More
info would be more than wellcome while plans to a website in the Dutch
language are growing strong.  (No need to point me to Ferret Central, FAQ,
etc... allready got those).

Stef