From:
meryl faulkner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2010 15:09:34 -0700
Just wanted to let everyone know, if they use Firefox rather than
Internet Explorer 8 (I get irritated by Mr Gates and his control over
the internet so use Mozilla's Firefox), Firefox now has "personas".
They used to just have "Themes" where you could change the area at the
top of the Browser window where you have "File Edit History Tools", and
the address bar. I happened to see that there were a variety of Themes
(developed by various folks) now included as "add-ons" and there were
categories. I clicked on Nature, and hopefully clicked through a ton of
choices, then found one with 2 Black footed ferrets that now sit at the
top right of my browser window. I then found if you go and search using
the link - if you use Firefox -
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/personas/

You find a search feature where you just type in Ferret and get 12
hits. Run the mouse over the little image and it shows up at the top
of the screen.

BTW, when I paste the above into my browser, Mozilla Corporation (US)
appears in the browser address window. You then get a screen which has
a "search for personas" option, and just type ferret in the search -
you get about 12 choices (including the BFF, a purple theme ferret,
ferrets and flowers, snow ferrets and and a few others). There are some
cute ferret kits too which I may use alternately. Most are designed so
the graphics/pictures are on the top right where there isn't as much
information to obscure. The BFF has 25 users - it really is a pretty
picture.

It's not possible to change the look of Internet explorer as far as I
can tell.

Meryl