Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:24:07 EST
Hi all!!!  I have a suggestion regarding the itchy biter.  I ran out of
fert shampoo one day, and the only thing I had to bathe my kids in was
Head and Shoulders.  Well, I have a rescued gal, who was itchy and a
biter too.  When I used the Head and Shoulders, it worked miracles!  I
checked with my vet who recommended that I CONTINUE to use this on the
ferts.  It has zinc in it, which helps control itching on peoples, and
it works the same for ferrets.  Also - for any of you who are trying to
contain the lovely Eau du - du Ferret scent, it keeps my kids fresh for 2
weeks!  It truly works miracles.  I also recommended this to our local
Petco and they have switched over and are using it religiously.  They
have found that they actually sell more of the fuzzies and that when they
recommend using it to their fuzzie owners, they have a substantially
LOWER rate of return of the kids.  My vet also verified that Head and
Shoulders is good for their skin, not only for the zinc in it, but for
the other ingredients that stop "flaking" and keep the skin moisturized.
For added extra measure, I will use the Head and Shoulders conditioner
along with the shampoo.  It glosses up their fur, and again, has the
good stuff in it that helps the skin and coat!

For skinny ferts - I found out by accident, that my rescue gal loves
9-Lives Super Supper.  One day I caught her sneaking the cat food (the
cats get 1/2 can per day) - the Super supper, and she was going to town
on it!  She absolutely loves it.  Again, I verified w/my vet if she could
eat this, and in small doses, it is ok.  I give her 2 tablespoons per
day.  This helped put weight on her, almost immediately.  You would I
assume, have to find a flavor they like, (Morganna is a strictly Super
Supper gal) and try it.

As for the biters, I gently "bite" them back.  I don't use my teeth,
however, I think that them getting that close to my huge mouth, frightens
them enough - and it truly has worked for me!  When they bit me, I "bit"
them back (gummed their fur actually).  This has worked wonders for us,
they don't get hurt and neither do I anymore!

Ferret hugs for all!!

Kim and Her Army of Idiots