From:
Stan & Jacquie Boyes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 09:54:07 -0800
I want to try to not make this sound like I'm flaming at someone.  Maybe
we could just consider my message generic to the whole list regarding
information that we post.  I would like to talk about the dishwasher
accident posting.  First I would like to offer my sympathy to the family
that lost the baby and also adding that I very much hope and pray they
are fortunate enough to get their lost one back.

However, it was the narrative of the post that bothered me.  We all love
these beautiful creatures so much.  A lot of us find our lives totally
consumed by these babes.  Consequently, we all feel very bad at hearing of
anyones loss or other misfortune.  And it is a good thing that we may be
able to learn from these occurences.  But a detailed description of what
happened is usually not necessary and sometimes quite traumatic, even if
you do not know personally the affected party.  In my opinion, this
incident qualifies in that regard.  A simple "dishwasher accident" would
have sufficed and the reminder to always check this appliance that ferrets
find so interesting.  But the added description of what this poor babe
endured and the way that she was found as well as the smell was an addition
which only served to make me feel ill.  I'll close by stating simply that
this is a consideration that we all could use when making our posts.

And to Tamilyn: Again my heart goes out to your family.  I hate this
flaming stuff so I'm asking please do not consider this message as any
attempt on my part to do that to you.