From:
Nancy Parks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 18:53:07 -0400
if anyone has a recipe for duck soup can you please post it or send it to
me at [log in to unmask]  i am also open to suggestions.  yesterday
one of my 2 yr old ferrets had emergency surgery for a blockage.  the vet
pulled out a piece of our sofa.  they had been burrrowing in it and had
many sub levels and tunnels but i never thought one would eat a piece of
the cord and plastic.  he was dehydrated and his colon was very inflamed.
i picked him up today..  he is on amoxicillin and carafate (cause the vet
saw him grinding his teeth indicating an ulcer).  he gave me special food:
Hill's prescription diet a/d for anorexic animals..  he hasnt eaten yet.
he hates the food.  i tried to coax him with a cheerio and he ate that and
drank water but wont touch the food.  does anyone have any suggestions.
if he doesnt eat by thursday he will be force fed..  what about duck soup
or baby food?  thanking you in advance

nancy and Baby