From:
Josephine Hansen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 08:58:01 PST
Hi Everyone!
I don't mean to upset anyone, but, the whole thing about quarantine is in
my opinion ridiculous, a simple proof of rabies vaccin should be more than
enough!  If the fuzzie owners that smuggled their babies had that, i don't
see the reason to flame them.  Rabies is a problem, i agree, but there are
no quarantine for wild animals crossing the borders (which happens every
day) or birds flying over.  Everyone should do their best to keep rabies
under control, But to me quarantine is not a good idea, and i would go to
any lengh to avoid it, I have so far never had to deal with the issue first
hand, but i know the stress it caused Liza when i parted from her for a few
days!  I am pretty certain i would seriously considder smuggling my babies
if i had to, and i don't think it would make me an irresponsible ferret
owner.

How many known cases have been reported of ferrets having rabies?  Most
countries affected by rabies demand yearly vaccinations, and a lot of
countries where they dont't have rabies vaccinate anyway, the problems are
not among house pets, but rather in the wildlife enviroment, and even
there it is hardly noticeable!  The problem of carrying diseases cross the
borders are bigger in immigration of humans, just thought i'd share my
opinion, i am sure many of you will dissagree, but isn't that the beauty
of human communication?

Wish You All a Very Happy Thanks Giving

Josephine Liza Truls and Lucky