Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2010 20:20:20 -0400
My name is Joey and I was just given up by my owner a couple weeks ago
because she had fallen on hard times. I came in with my sister who has
this disease called adrenal. We're both about 3.5 years old. I am
writing this to ask for some help. I have this big huge mass on my neck
that is really bothering me. My previous owner let it grow for the last
year without taking me to the Dr. My new mom, Kim at Stinky Pete's
Ferret Retreat took me to Dr. Jeff within the first week she got us.
The Dr. says he doesn't feel it's malignant (whatever that means) but
says it has to come off because of the pressure it's causing. Mom has
to drain it from time to time until the surgery to relieve some
pressure. Here's a picture of my boo boo:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/kmbrlyk/DSC02757.jpeg
[I think it's actually:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/kmbrlyk/DSC02757.jpg    BIG]

I already had my blood work done (ouch) which came back normal. My
sugar is a little low so mom has to watch that. Mom and her bestest
friend Jenny at Asti's Ferret Haven have started a fund for my surgery.
The Dr. is giving mom a good deal and any money raised will go to my
surgery and any extra to my sister's adrenal care and all our brothers
and sisters that will also need some help. They are only asking for
just $10 donations . I would really appreciate it if you helped me out.
The site that is hosting this is called chipin.com. It's a neat place
to get things set up if someone needs help for something. Mom needs a
little help since there's so many of us here. My page is at

http://astisferrethaven.chipin.com/joey

You can go there and send money to mom's paypal account and see how
much money has been raised so far. You can also leave me a get well
message which I love to read. If you would like to go to mom's site
her website is http://floridaferrets.webs.com/ Mom says I'm going to
get the surgery if we raise all the money or not. She says that's what
plastic is for. Whatever that means!!

Joey <3
--
We will not know peace until all of the unprotected and unloved are
encircled by strong, caring arms.