Date:
Sat, 8 Oct 2011 22:47:44 -0500
Today, Kurt & I were able to break away from the sanctuary & attend the
GCFA ferret show! It was wonderful. We got to meet Kathy Hammond (AKA
Kat Parsons) Got to see April again, and meet her new hubby Travis (and
give him a big hug!) Got to see his new documentary film. Met Pam Van
Overloop. Saw Diane Calhoun there. Got to chat with my mentor, Mary Van
Dahm again. Got to meet Steve Yarborough from Ferret Depot & thank him
personally for being so good to us, through the years. Our friend Zoi
had entered our ferret nephew Duncan in the Champagne class, and he got
a beautiful ribbon. We saw Jessica & Matt Waterman, and Valerie
Michalski, Bob & Dara (Casey`s Hidden Pantry), and so many others who
share our passion. People kept walking up to us & saying "You`re
ZOO!!!"

Ferret goodies everywhere. Bedding, treats, jewelry, wall hangings --
anything & everything ferret-related.

The license plates were fun to read -- "Fuzzies" "Ferrets" "Ferties"
"Fertmom" etc.

Perhaps the highlight of my day was when someone walked up to me &
handed me a beautiful little champagne girl, saying--"Here--I`m
supposed to give you this" OMG--I was holding Isabella Gucci-Jones!!!
She looks so good for an eight year old! I am so honored to have held
Isabella Gucci-Jones :) April & I have quite a bond. When she visited
us, she fell in love with our Melmin--and if anything ever happens to
me, she will become his mommy. Now, I have met more of the family :)

It was amazing. Thanks to Brandee (on our board of directors) who cared
for the kids while were away, I actually got out of the house with my
husband & had a day to remember.

I sure wish some of you lived closer.

Love,
Zoo