From:
"Bruce Williams, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 23:02:52 -0500
Dear Lisa:

>My roommate found a suspect poopie on a piece of newspaper yesterday.  It
>was green, and runny with a "blob" in the middle.  The runny part looked
>weird as it had little bubbles; wall to wall little bubbles.  It didn't
>smell, though...at all.  Not even like poopie.  Is this ECE?

One bad poop does not an illness make.  Don't be a stool-gazer - you are
taking this stool out of context so to speak.  If you see bad poop from
the same animal for an entire day or two, then you can start to worry.

Also, you can't make a diagnosis of ECE based on one green poop.  The color
green is not specific for ECE - it just means that the transit time in the
gut has been shortened.

If bad poop continues, then we'll talk.  But one individual poop isn't
worth talking about much.

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, dVM