From:
"Mary L. McCarty" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Apr 1998 14:11:05 -0400
Randy,

Speaking from a shelter standpoint on the neuter/spay issue: no, I would not
pay for them to go to another vet.  They agreed that your vet was fine at
the time of adoption (and apparently they even approved of him/her up to
three days ago), so they should have no problems taking the ferret to your
vet.  If they feel that strongly about NOT going to your vet, then they have
the right to choose another vet and pay the bill THEMSELVES.

When my husband and I adopted our two puppies at the SPCA, they provided a
certificate for the neuters.  Do you think they would pay if I chose to go
to a vet that did not accept the certificate?  I do not think so.

Why are they against the vaccination before surgery?  The vet that did our
spays/neuters wouldn't operate unless the ferrets had been vaccinated.  If
the ferret is 6 months and has not been vaccinated yet, that seems like more
of a problem to me.

Keep us posted on what happens!

Mary and the gang of 10.....

Mary McCarty-Houser