Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 12:11:55 -0500
[Moderator's note: Mary has tried to post this for days but kept running
into email problems.  Yesterday, she finally got it to me directly, and
I forgot to include it in yesterday's digest!  So, finally, after the fact,
here is Mary's post.  BIG

>From:    Donna Austin <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Rancid Totally Ferret

I also received several bags of rancid food from my distributor with the
date of June 10, 2001.  I returned them and received a new shipment today
with the date of September 13, 2001.  I just got off the phone with
Performance Foods, the manufacturer, and they said the September date was
OK but it still smells a little funny to me.

I got some from the Ferret Store, same exp date 9/13/01 and it really
smells funny.  I don't think any of my guys are eating it.  I called the
Ferret Store and they are shipping me a 15# bag with a different date since
all the 10# bags they have are the same date.  I got 2 of the 10# bags and
not sure if both smell bad or not.  I'll open the other one and see.  This
is the first time I have had a problem with this food and the Ferret Store
was great--just toss the food and they will credit me.

Mary and The 11 Munchkins (ooppss, 12, but that's another ...