Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 1995 03:39:14 -0600
What a wonderful response.  Most of the names are so inventive that I
simply cannot select a single winner.  Therefore, I have decided to award
all entries with a copy of the SPECIAL CERTIFICATE.  It would make it
easier on me if all who want one would e-mail their snail-mail so I can
send it out in about a week.

My Stella is ill.  I have been up all night with her, and we have an early
morning appointment with the vet, but I'm worried.  I have cared for a lot
of sick animals, and she has the "look" in her eyes.  At this moment, I have
her in a sling next to my chest so my body heat can keep her warm.  She has
always been the quiet type; kind of lovey-dovey.  But today she turned her
nose up to ferretone and even nutrical.  I am using an eyedropper to feed
her an electrolyte solution; she only takes a few drops at a time, and she's
not seriously dehydrated.  She has peed on me twice.  I hope its just a flu,
but it could be any number of things.

Stella is the first carpet shark I ever served; she had lost some weight
while I was in the hospital, but was gaining it back. I'll let all of you
know more tomorrow.

As for the adopties; what a crew.  Foster and Buddy behave like ferrets half
their age, and Foster in particular has taken to the place.  He loves to lie
on his back in the beanbag, and swat at the beads hanging from the
"ferretpole." Apollo and Tori are best friends once she learned that even
though he is missing his maxillary canines, he can still bite hard.  I
learned it as well, when I wasn't paying attention to the lick - lick - lick
- chomp sequence.  Razz squeals like a mouse--cracks me up.  I heard this
noise like a mouse, then saw Tori turn into a flash of white with Razz close
behind, still making the squealing sound.  Bear met Foster for the first
time, and fur flew!  Foster may be 8-years-old, BUT he can wrestle the best
of them.  I broke it up after a minite or so; I think Bear was getting his
booty booted.  I was standing and holding Foster while Bear was jumping
about a foot off the ground trying to get at him.  Very comical....

If you have time, think of Stella.

Bob
Moose, Stella, Daye, Tori, Bear, Apollo, Foster, Buddy, and Razz.