From:
Percy Pwood Georgia Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 22:08:26 -0700
The fact that ADV may not be openly discussed at shows, regardless of
what country the show is in, does not mean the disease isn't present.
Vaccinated against?  With what?  If the UK (or any other place) is not
discussing ADV, and not testing for it, it could well be a problem, huge
or otherwise, that people are unaware of.

Clipping toenails and cutting the quick happens.  An accident is absolutly
not an indicator of incompetance.  That would be like saying having a minor
fender bender renders one too incompetent to drive.  Ferrets move fast and
we 'think' we can close the clipper before they shove their toe forward.

It's my opinion that the person who nipped their ferret's toenail recently
is new to the list.  We should all try to make new people feel welcome and
not make hurtful statements that appear to be personal.  If we're going to
make personal comments perhaps they could be positive ones.  When a person
asks a question, or asks for advice/help, we should try to respond in a
way that won't seem critical.

Georgia, who is looking forward to the long holiday weekend...