From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 10:35:39 EST
Beginning February 24th 1999 and running through the 26th Shelters That
Adopt and Rescue (STAR*) will have a booth at the Humane Society of the
United States EXPO 99 being held in Orlando, Florida.  Chere McCoy and
Barbara Choniaki will be manning the booth.

Ferrets always benefit from Ferret people's participation in this show.  We
hand out all kinds of information regarding Ferret Care & Shelter.  You can
help us make this the best show ever.

We need ferret informational handouts for the show.  If your Club,
Organization or Shelter have printed handouts regarding Ferret Care,
Veterinary Contacts, info about your Ferret Club or Organization or other
Ferret related Information we want you to participate by sending us the
handouts to put on the tables.

The people who attend the show run Humane Society Shelters from all over
the United States; also attending are Veterinarians, Animal Care Givers,
Disaster Response (for the animals) and many many others.

We have made up cards for each state so it will be easy for the attendee's
to get information for contacts in their state.

It is an absolute fact that handouts in previous years at the HSUS EXPO's
have saved many hundreds of ferret lives.  Also participation and
discussion at the HSUS EXPO 96 in Las Vegas Nevada led the HSUS change in
policy which declared the ferret "As with any companion animal, domestic
ferrets deserve lifelong, responsible homes and caretakers." Also added
was "Animal shelters should develop ferret placement policies that are
consistent with state laws...Whenever possible shelters should work with
responsible local ferret- adoption groups that can assist in the placement
of homeless ferrets in lifelong homes...," and of course On disaster
response planning "Ferrets should be included in local emergency-rescue and
disaster-management plans..."

So PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get your information handouts to us for this all
important show.  We need your handouts to arrive at the below address no
later than 20 February 1999 - be sure and send them out by the 16th to
insure we receive them.  Send your handouts to:

Chere McCoy
8775 20th Street, Lot 614
Vero Beach, FL   32966

Congratulations to Linda Harrah of Ferret Sense (of Ohio) for sending the
first handouts.

Lets do it for our Children of Fur.  Your information will help us SAVE
FERRETS - ACT NOW