Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 1999 12:16:01 -0500
Hi,

Ann Gruden of FACT was kind enough to look up the contact info for Petco.
Their corporate address is: 9125 Recho Road, San Diego, CA 92121.
Phone: 619-453-7845, FAX 453-6585.

She also advised me that PetSmart is considering selling ferrets and they
do not presently.  Their address (praise them for NOT!) is 19601 North 27th
Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85027.

Petco has 480 stores nationally; PetSmart has 450; PetValu out of Canada
has 322 stores.  The next largest, Petland has only 170 followed by Pet
Supplies Plus (who started selling ferrets over the Christmas holidays),
which is the ONLY pet they sell other than fish, has 150 stores.  Their
HQ is 37720 Amrhein, Livonia, MI 48120.

If PetSmart starts selling ferrets, we could easily see the numbers in
the shelters double.  PetSmart is scheduled to open 4 or 5 more stores
in the CT/MA area over the next 12-18 months.

I believe if we all write fact-containing persuasive professional letters,
we could make an impact on PETCO, hopefully adding ferrets to their
exclusive list, and preventing PetSmart from beginning to sell ferrets.
My letters will be going out tomorrow.

Moxie
Ferret Association of CT

--
* Page me online through my Personal Communication Center:
  http://wwp.mirabilis.com/949746 (go there and try it!) or,