From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 12:30:27 -0500
Oh, neat.  Wolfy, you said that you were interested in things from other
countries in relation to ferrets.  This is a site i found by tracing
something on a page which Chris Lloyd mentioned.

http://www.vetulike.co.uk/advice/ferrets/ferrets_problems.htm

(Interesting in there how some vocabulary is used quite differently
than here, too.  I noticed that the site refers to "benign cancer",
for instance.

BTW, in the U.S. the most common cause of bladder stones seems to be
related to adrenal disease that hasn't presented overtly with other
symptoms according to what vets have said on the FHL and this differs
from what is said on this UK vet's website about those the vet has seen.
It may be that some foods in the UK are worse for raising urine pH too
high, allowing minerals to precipitate out.  )

To the individual who is possibly trying (twice so far) to influence
the caloric restriction discussion by altering what i said to attribute
things to me that I didn't say: If this technique is purposely done then
shame on you for using such a horrid technique.  It detracts from the
facts, the hypotheses, and the considerations essential to this subject
matter.  If you simply read this in a way that NO ONE else mentioned
reading it, then I understand where misreading could play into your
misinterpretation since we all misread at times, but now you know the
reality so please stop falsely attributing non-existent insults to me
when i suggest that folks take the precautions of seeking veterinary
guidance just as do myself.