From:
Donna Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 05:29:14 GMT
Well hello,
I recently got two ferrets from a friend who could no longer have them.
Bella who was,yep she died,about 2 years old and Baby who is about a year
and a half.First the good things.I have to say Baby has always been loads
of laughs.I had never seen a ferret get excited before so it was great for
me when her toes spread wide and her butt hopped her backwards.  She of
caourse gets in to it all and always has to come out of the cage to say hi
when someone returns home.I am not surehow to train her but I do have a
"ferret jail".Ferret jail is a smaller cage that I have with only a water
bottle newspaper and a small washcloth.(much different from the large cage
with pleny of sleeping stuff and a hammock,large food bowl and all)Baby
goes to ferret jail every time she gets in our dishes or the trash and such
untill she is so bored she lays there unconcerned.

Any way.Like I said Bella died.Much before we could help.I took her to the
vet and got her some worm medicine and they gave me a supplement and
reccomended pedilite for water.I force fed her every day and she steadly
got worse.One day I could not even open her moth to feed her.The day we
were taking her to the vet we found that she had died that night.It was
hard.I have only had them or just Baby now for about a month.

Baby is still healthy and wild.She does however still miss Bella and still
searches for her time and again.I would like some advice on nail
clipping,basic training,getting another ferret,teaching her to kiss and any
other good things that new ferret owners should know

Thanks alot
Donna