From:
Robin Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 12:50:28 EDT
Betty wrote:
>Volunteers are the foundation of our organization and are more valuable
>than gold.  Their value is priceless, as they tirelessly bottle feed the
>sick, get covered in medications by an uncooperative ferret, are thrown
>up on, pooped on and more.  They see pain, and dying, and at times feel
>the helplessness of not being able to do more than just make life
>comfortable for our fuzzy friends.  They pay out of their own pockets
>for supplemental foods when we tell them they don't have to, and stay
>up to odd hours of the night, even when they have full time jobs.  The
>foster moms and dads are beyond what words can truly express..."

As a foster Mom, I can tell you, that what you get back from these sweet
angels far exceeds anything you can give.  When I got my foster no one
thought she would live long at all.  And the first week was real dicey.
That was 2 1/2 years ago.  I wasn't a transition Mom.  I have kept her.
She hold my heart in a different way then my other ferrets.  She is this
huge spirit packed into a tiny body.  And she has brought so much to my
other ferrets.  I have another ferret that was always a solo ferret, she
didn't know how to be a ferret.  Missy P showed her the ropes.  Everyday
I have with her is a blessing.  I feel so lucky to have her in my life.
I highly recommend fostering.

You all can see my little foster girl, Missy P.  She is Miss June in the
2003 FML Calendar.  The calendars will be ready to go around Nov. 1st.
They will be 15.00 each plus 2.50 shipping and handling.  All the profits
go to Support Our Shelters.  To order contact Judy Cooke at
[log in to unmask]  These are great calendars.  Each month has one of
our ferrets, the ferrets of the FML.  Please help support a great cause
and order today.  Heck order two, Christmas is coming.

Robin & Doodlebug