From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Apr 1998 09:58:56 -0500
4:30 - SOME ferret gets up and bothers another - I wake to a squeak and
get up to investigate - by the time I'm two steps into the hall - silence.

4:40 - Another squeak.  Up again, two steps in the hall - silence.

4:45 - Squeak.  "Knock it off!"  Squeak, Squeak.  "Don't make me come in
there!"  Squeak.  "All right, you've done it now!"  Two steps in the hall -
silence.

4:50 - Ferrets running in black corrugated tubing.  I turn over to see
them zoon out the tube, jump in the corn starch peanuts, jump out of the
peanuts, zoom into the other tube, out and around the living room then
down the hallway through the tube.  I smile and turn over.

5:00 - Spiccup stares at me.  She wants her morning meal.  I sigh and get
up to put warm water over her kibble.  In the kitchen 5 more ferrets show
up wanting recipe.  I grab the container out of the fridge and put it in
the microwave.  While it is warming I hear another SQUEAK.  Down the hall
I go and all is silent.

5:02 - recipe is warm and ready to eat.  I put plates out in each room and
pour in the recipe.  12 ferrets happily lapping up recipe.  I head back to
bed to nap till 5:30.  Yeah right.

5:15 - Squeak, zoom, bounce, pounce, tacke, Squeak, roll, jump in peanuts,
zoom in tube.

5:30 - O.k. I'm up.  Warm more recipe and refill platters.

5:40 - change litter papers, refill food and water bowls, prepare special
recipes and medication for sick ones.

6:20 - Feed and medicate, refill recipe platters, take out trash.

6:40 - Get ready for shower while jumping up and down trying to keep away
from 5 extremely playful ferrets.  Take Doc out of tub.  Turn on shower.
Take Doc, Pumkin and Clyde out of shower.  Jump in shower.

6:45 - Put Doc out of shower.  Finish shower.

6:50 - Put 6 ferrets in tub to lick it dry.  Try to get dryed and dressed
while keeping feet and ankles away from 3 playful ferrets.

6:55 - Get my socks back from Weazie.  Take Pumkins head out of my tennis
shoe.

7:00 - Put ferrets out of the bathroom and put dogs in.  Open door and
take another ferret out.  Check quickly and shut bathroom door.

7:03 - put linatone in platters.  Run to front door.  Open door and toss 6
ferrets on futon.  Turn around and grab 3 more to toss, 2 more, 5 more, 1
more....

7:07 - Out the door.  sigh and mumble as heading for vehicle.

Typical morning at our house.  Have a great day and hugs to all. tle