From:
Georgina Barratt-See <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 17:13:58 +1000
G'day (to be a cliche)!

I'd like to say that I'm really loving being part of the ferret mailing
list, as I never knew so many people love ferrets as much as me.  I've had
my girls (Tabitha and Endora) for 5 months now, and often it's the best
reason to go home at the end of the day.  Every friend I have over has to
come to my bedroom to watch the ferrets play, and many say that they never
realised ferrets were so gorgeous.  I do have a few questions/comments etc
(call them whatever you like)....

Do ferrets get sick often?  FML seems to be full of ferrets being sick -
I'm scared for my little fuzzies (and the thought they I may have to open
up an account at the bank to save for ferret expenses).  Also, its just
become winter here (well, late Autumn anyway, sorry Fall!)  and Tabitha,
who's an albino, her fur has gotten much much thicker, while Endora (who's
a little sable girl) hasn't changed fur at all.  Is this the usual pattern?

Also, has anybody had problems with stinky ferrets?  My two occasionally
just seem to spray the room (quite yucky really) for no reason.  Apparently
it's not allowed that ferrets be descented in NSW (New South Wales).  Also,
I'd really appreciate hearing from some ferret owning Aussies (in Sydney
especially) if any subscribe.

That's it from me and the Bewitched team of girls ...

George
 Georgina Barratt-See
 Secretary/Clerk
 for: Philip Mitchell MB BS, MD, FRANZCP, FRCPsych,
 Professor,
 School of Psychiatry, University of NSW;
 Administrative Director,
 Mood Disorders Unit,
 Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, Australia.

 Postal address:
 Room 107, Clinical Sciences Building,
 Prince Henry Hospital,
 Little Bay  NSW  2036,