From:
"Ada ( Weaselpals)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2006 11:10:39 -0400
Dodger was my silver mitt who came to me in 2001.  I got a call from a
lady that had purchased 2 ferrets from Petco while her husband on of town
on vacation, he husband returned home and had a fit.  So she looked me
up on the Internet and called to ask what she should do about them, So
I told her once she return the ferrets to Petco they would become the
property of Petco.  So she agreed to meet at Petco and give them to me
so I could find them a home.

So I brought them home, I named one Dodger and the other one Peepers.
Dodger was a well ferret until this year, In January he stopped passing
stools, So I decided to have exploratory surgery on him, Inside she found
a large tumor on his bowels and said if she removed it he would more than
likely bleed out

So my choices was put him to sleep right then and there or bring him home
and Feed him soft food and see if it would pass through his system, So
she gave him a week to live if that didn't work, Well so be it he lived
to July 10th,2006.  I gave him 7 more months, I did have to feed him soft
food every 5 hours, but that was a small price to pay for the 5 beautiful
years that he gave him.

He decided he didn't want to eat any more and he loss control of his
bowels and Mom did what Mom had to do, it is always so hard to let him
go, But I could Not let him suffer.

Dodger loved water, he would get into the bath tub and get a drink of
water every morning, I would him him in and out of the tub.  When Dodger
was little I had a necklace that had a ferret on ball on it and when I
would pick him up he would take his teeth and get a hold of the ball, he
thought that was has his toy.  Also when I would tap the floor on the
bottom of the cage, he would come running to the bottom floor, he knew
that he could come out.

Dodger never did like humans, but a few days before he passed he gave
me a kiss on my cheek, I was so surprised, I know know if he was telling
he it was time for him to go or if he was saying Mommy I love you.

Missing you Dodger
Ada

Visit Weaselpals Ferret Hammocks , Sleepers and Hideouts:
http://mypeoplepc.com/members/weaselpals
(Weaselpals ferret hammocks and sleepers)

Barbie, Hershey and Baby says look at Mom's web site.
Live's a Dance you learn as you go,

Some times you lead sometimes you follow !! John Michael Montgomery