From:
Laura Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 1996 23:42:39 -0400
I should apologize for asking this question.  My computer crashed this past
weekend, and I lost the most recent FML's dealing with this issue.  But this
has been nagging on me since I discovered it yesterday, so I'll ask a very
repetitive question.

I did a tail check on the ferrets, and my 16 month old albino from MF has
something weird going on with his tail.  There is a ring of thinning fur,
not quite where the tail joins the body.  It's noticeable because the tail
fur above and below it look pretty normal.  The underside of his tail has
that orangey color to it.  But other than that, I couldn't see blackheads or
any flakey skin.  At worst, the skin looked a little red.  Does this sounds
like the seasonal blackhead thing to you folks in the know?  I noted in the
FAQ that a bactericidal soap can take care of the problem, so I've been
washing his tail with some Owl's Bacterial Soap.  I'm just concerned because
I can't really see anything happening except for the tail loss.

Laura