From:
"Dawn Smith, LOS National" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 10:18:29 EDT
Hi All,

Just to give everyone an update, after our March show we asked for anyone
who could have used donated products to come forth.  After receiving
almost 100 responses, we had to determine who might need the products
more than the other, which is hard because everyone was in need and
probably still is but since we only had so many items to donate, we
were not able to send to everyone would have liked to.

Now many have asked in terms of cash donations, what determines what is
available?  Well what we do is, any money above cost for holding the show
is considered expendable for donations.  We try to provide donations to
our LOS Endorsed, LOS Supported, LOS Referred and LOS shelters but we do
send donations to others but the shelters and/or individual (usually a
shelter but we do recognize individuals as well) must be
endorsed/approved by LOS.

Now our September 18, 2004 Show has just passed and we have already sent
donations to those in need but I know there are shelters out there and/or
an individual who needs help with their ferrets.  We have $100 left to
donate which will are breaking into 5 donations of $20.  There were some
rescues/individuals in New Jersey that were hit by some severe flooding
and some of the ferrets were affected by the flooding and some shelters
in Florida, Georgia and Texas because of the hurricanes.  I have also
send a donation to a woman on this post (FML) who has a ferret in need
of surgery that she couldn't afford.

Now last time I received an influx of letters asking for help.  I cannot
help everyone but I would at least like to help 4 shelters and 1 more
individual.  So if you would like to receive the donation I will need
the following:

Name or Name of Shelter:
Address to send the Donation:
How many ferrets in need of care:
What type of care or surgery are they in need of:
Explanation of considerations of your shelter/ferrets:
I will also need a written pledge the money donated
will only be used for the ferrets and not for personal use.

Please anyone wishes to refer someone, have them email me directly.
Please send all requests with the information above to my email address
at [log in to unmask] - put DONATIONS in the subject line so I
don't accidently delete it.  But please if you are in need of help,
contact me and put in a request.  Also eveyone has my permission to pass
this post on.

Sincerely,
Dawn Smith, Vice President
Legion of Superferrets National