From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 13:48:45 -0500
Hello!
My name is Alicia Drakiotes and I am the regional coordinator for ( NH,
MA, ME, VT) International Ferret Sympoium 2002.  I thought I would pass
this information on the upcoming event along to you.

I thought people might like to know some statistics on who is attending
the International Ferret Symposium in Las Vegas, Feb 1-3, 2002.  Our
largest group of registrants so far is from California, the land of the
forbidden ferret.  The second largest contingent is from our neighbors to
the north in Alberta Canada.  We have attendees from Alaska to Arizona,
New Hampshire to Georgia, Alberta to Ontario, and everywhere in between.
OK you guys in our underrepresented states and provinces--get those
registrations in!

What is Ferrets 2002?  Why it's only the biggest and best meeting of
ferret enthusiasts and experts since the Ferrets 2000 Symposium in
Toronto last year!  It's 2 1/2 days of information sharing, vendor tables,
raffles, good food and good times.  Day 1, Friday, features some of the
most respected medical experts in the ferret community, talking about the
latest advances in ferret health care.  Day 2 covers general topics such
as nursing sick ferrets, what food labels really mean, and how ferrets
enhance our lives.

We will also have a special panel discussion on large scale rescue efforts
and working with local humane organizations.  Saturday evening includes a
reception with Celebrity Raffle.  Day 3 (Sunday, half day) will cover
legalization efforts in California.

Attendees can still purchase full 3-day passes that include admittance to
all sessions, breakfasts and lunches, and the Saturday evening reception.

One day passes for the first day (vet day) are also available.  Vets be
sure to consider this one!

For more information and registration forms, visit at the website or
contact a committee member. http://ferretsymposium.mdex.ca

Alicia Drakiotes for

Linda Iroff
Oberlin OH