From:
Amy Seyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 1996 09:16:12 -0400
Normally, I would stay out of this debate, but I tell you I'm sick of
certain people on this list pretending they are the be-all and end-all of
ferret information.

This list is made up of people who either have information to disseminate,
cute stories to tell, questions to ask, or opinions to offer.  I really try
to respect the latter, especially, since not everyone has had the same
experience and it can be valuable to know how others have dealt with certain
situations.

However, there is a certain level of arrogance on the part of *certain*
breeders on this list who *do* think that they know *everything*, and that
we should follow their invaluable advice or be *complete morons*.  Not that
any of this has ever been said, but the implications are there.

Now, as far as ECE is concerned, everyone has a different opinion on how it
should be handled.  However, it has always been, and continues to be *YOUR
DECISION AS AN OWNER.*  I'm all for getting the info out there, but believe
it or not, there will be people who disagree on how to deal with it
(tongue-in-cheek here).

Before we get into another heated debate about whether to expose or not
expose, let's remember that everyone deals with things differently and ALL
the information should be disseminated.

And you know what? That goes for just about *every other subject* too.

Amy & Dave (and their gaggle of giggling ferrets)
RIP Ian and Elektra

[Moderator's note: I'm not yet recovered from the last round of "heated
debate".  I think I need a longer rest or I may start to forget my good
nature and accidentally lose a few posts ;-)  BIG]