Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 08:53:40 -0500
I am on the other side of the country, so I don't know what the
situation is for getting ferrets into ca and safely keeping them there.
The posts saying that it can be done are encouraging but please also
contact local shelters outside the state and those that help transport.
Certainly some get caught, or there wouldn't be the need for the
transport and shelter intakes in that area for confiscated ferrets. I
could be wrong, but please look into it. It is a risk. I'm not saying
leave your babies (I would look into a town close to the border or not
moving, but I know for some that's not possible) but please be aware
before you attempt the trek across the border.

Risa