From:
Cheryl Halley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 18:29:15 -0800
Sneeuw (5yr albino female)is having renewed adrenal symptoms.  She had
surgery in Feb. after symptoms of hair loss at top of tail and swollen
vulva.  When my vet went in he was going to take some of the right adreanal
out too as a precaution but when inside the left adrenal was only twice
normal size so he did not take any off right.  After her surgery her hair
never grow back and we notice swelling around her neck and then in her
stomach/hanging belly area.  After inconclusive biopises (only suggesting
unusual activty) my vet started treating her with cytoxan on the assumption
she has lymphoa.  This has been reducing the swelling in her neck but not
her tummy.  In this past week though she has lost almost all her hair.
So into the vet.  He feels she is not a good surgical canidate due to the
probable lymphoa, the time taken to recover after her adrenal surgery and
the fact she will eat nothing but a/d despite various mixtures of her
pellet food, nutrical, and/or laxaire.

So now we are looking at drug doses for her.  He is looking at arimidex
and lupron.  But he says lupron goes for $200 a dose, I hadn't noticed
any postings concerning the cost of lupron treatments and wondered if that
was reasonable?  I feel so bad that my little baby is naked.  I would
appreciate any feedback on how to help her.  We don't believe she is in
pain.  She runs around for about ten minutes then sleeps in one of the
blankets I have out for her.  As soon as my husband or I move to another
room she wakes, checks on us and returns back to the closest blankie.  So
we are judging that as being interested in life and she does eat even if
only ad.

Thanks again for any help.
Cheryl and Sneeuw.