From:
Kate Underwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2003 17:34:55 -0400
I am pretty hysterical right now so excuse any misspellings or ramblings:

I just got home from a 2 week vacation to find my babies litter box full
of worms or maggots or something.  They're really tiny, whitish yellow,
and there were tiny tiny bugs flying around it.  I hired a petsitter to
come clean, feed, and play with my 3 ferrets once a day for two hours.  I
have used this person before without a problem.  And I come home to this.
The litter box looks like it hasn't been cleaned out in a couple of days.
WHAT COULD THEY BE??  I just took apart and disinfected the cage.  I
threw out the litter box (in a dumster far far away) and replaced it with
a new one.  Could my ferrets have worms?  I live in Florida and it's
pretty muggy right now so I've been dealing with slight bug problems but
nothing like this.  Are my ferrets in danger?  What should I do?  HELP!!!

Also, please don't flame me.  I am crying and don't know what to do.
My first concern is to make sure my kiddos are ok.  My next will be to
pursue this issue legally with the "sitter."

Thank you for any help!