From:
Lynn Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:22:11 -0400
Thank you Mike for some of the information on how cremation works.  You
are right it isn't a pleasant topic but there comes a time when it is
good to have the information.

The company I am using now said that because a ferret is so small & the
bones so small, that if they were to leave them in as long as they would
for a larger animal, there would be nothing left, but very few ashes.
The way I understand it they remove the ashes of ferrets before that
happens so there are small pieces of bones among the ashes.

There have been so many changes in price & color of ashes (they range
from white to black) & volume returned from the other company that is why
I feel they were not giving me my pet back.

I know the fee is larger if you have your vet take care of everything
than if you do it yourself for both of these places.  They both charge
according to the weight of the pet.  One will do a "group" cremation, say
like if you are a shelter or have several pass away at one time, or maybe
you keep the bodies in a freezer & take several at one time.  & the fee
will still be very small.  I understand from them a shelter in St.  Pete
does this.

Anyway I am well satisfied with the one I am now using.

Lynn & Clan War Weasels