From:
Melissa Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 07:20:31 -0800
Hello everyone.

It was only a short 6 days ago when I first joined this list, and I never
expected to be needing it as a support group so soon.  As I posted two days
ago, my Booboo passed to the bridge early Sunday morning.  Now that I can
talk about it without burting into tears, I would like to share.  He was
such a loving ferret, a snuggler from the beginning, when we adopted him at
2 years old from a shelter.  He is much missed by his mom and dad, and his
ferret brother and sister.  Last night, I was struck by words that needed
to be written, and I would like to share them with you all now.  Please
feel free to exchange the name Booboo with any name you see fit, and
remember that it is so true!

Our Booboo is dying, he's wasting away,
And despite our best efforts, he might go today.
We've done all we can, but it isn't enough,
And he's barely able to hang on by the scruff.
I can see in his eyes that he gave up his struggle,
So resigned and so patient, and so ready to snuggle.
So I bundle him up and I hold him so close,
And I whisper the things that I will miss most.
On his small ferret throat, there's a white spot of fur,
And a noise that he makes that is almost a purr.
When he plays he goes wild, he's the happiest I've seen,
And he might be the craziest ferret there's been.
He never refuses a scratch or a kiss,
He loves playing with Mira, (but she's a bit of a priss)
My mind starts to wander to happier days,
When Booboo was healthy and ready to play.
I think of these things, on my lips is a smile,
And content in my lap, Booboo sleeps all the while.
I drift off to sleep, pleasant dreams all the night,
While in my arms, quiet, Booboo gives up his fight.
And while I am dreaming, Booboo says his goodbyes,
He snuffles my ear, ferret tears in his eyes,
"I love you too mom," he cries