From:
NANCY D AXTELL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 19:39:16 -0700
Hi,

You are probably sick of this type of post, but has anyone looked into
educating the pet stores in malls as to proper ferret care?  I was
recently in my local mall and noticed about 8 or so very young ferrets in
a cage probably no bigger than 2 feet by 2 feet.  Also, one of them was
an obvious neural crest baby with a large white stripe all down its head
and fully white ears.  When I informed the person working there about the
rather large probability that it was deaf and could need some extra care,
the person said that the "white crest thing was probably a myth" and
wouldn't even listen to my concerns.  It was frustrating to say the
least.

Just a thought to keep an eye out for places other than large retail pet
stores that could use some proper ferret care info.

Katie with Sadie, Xena and Houdini