From:
Brenda Zupko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:10:21 EDT
Hello :o)

Condolences for all the ferts who have pasted on and well wishes to a
speedy recovery to the ill ones.

Question please, does anyone know of a good way, or of a good scale to
use to weight a ferret??  I have looked around a bit, and maybe I am
looking in the wrong places, because I have yet to find a good one.  What
I have done in the past, (yes, I know this sounds goofy, but hey, it
works and the kids did not mind hehehe).  I have used a fish scale and a
pillow case.  Ferret goes in pillow case, no issue there, they sleep in
them sometimes :o) pick up the case, hang it off the hook and we have a
pretty good idea of their weight.  But I need to start getting a little
more accurate and keep a close eye on one of my monsters so I am looking
for a better way.

Also, I know a ferrets weight can change pretty rapidly, how often would
you weight them to get a good number.  Every day?  Every other day?
Average a few day?  I'm kind of clueless here.  Any thoughts or ideas
would be greatly appreciated.  :o) Thanks a Bunch!!!!

Oh, one more thing, in reference to the "What am I" cutie.  It sounds
like things will work out for the best for Hershey.  He is really quite
the handsome looking critter.  Thank-you for taking the time to look
after the little guy and giving us an update.  I hope he will be able to
the nature center :o)

Brenda and the Monsters 5  Fric, Tic, Tac, Toe, and DaWeasel
and my Ferret angel Frac           Cuddle your fuzzies