From:
Russell Prater <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 10:35:30 -0500
>From:    Toni Dickinson <[log in to unmask]>
>OK First, I just want to let everyone know that my Husband has made a
>ScreenSaver SlideShow.  It has professionally taken pictures of Ferrets
>on it.  I'm not sure where he got the pictures from but they are really
>cute!  Sooooo, if you'd like to download it and take a look at it go here:
> http://www.impactunderworld.com/fml

You can't see any of the pics on that site.   [Looks ok to me.  BIG]

>OK next, I have a question about the 8 in 1.  My Ferrets have been on 8
>in 1 food since day one and they have had no problems with it.  Hearing
>about the people that have had problems with it makes me quite nervous for
>the future!  What other Ferret Foods are out there and that are proven
>safe?  I'm thinking of switching foods to avoid any possible future
>problems.  I only want what best for my babies!  You would think buying
>the more expensive food is better for them, but I guess that's not always
>true.  Hmmmm...what to do?

8in1 makes several foods that they sel for ferrets.  They are not all the
same quality.  I wouldn't give 8in1 Ultra to a stray cat, but 8in1 Ultimate
is a great ferret chow.  The Ferret Store makes Superior Choice which is
another great ferret chow.  Then there are Totally Ferret, Marshall's,
Zupreem and Mazuri.  The Ferret Store sells all of these and shipping is
free if your order totals over $20.  I mix 8in1 Ultimate, Superior Choice
and IAMS Kitten in equal parts.

---
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde

 -----------------------------

>From:    Yvonne M [REDACTED]
>Subject: Ferret scratching?
>
>I have a question about a certain behavior that my baby, Taz, seems to do
>occasionally.  She 'scratches', as if she is digging a hole, but on my
>legs or arms!  Most of the time she does this to my legs when I am
>sleeping, but occasionally when I am sitting at the computer she will do
>it to my feet.  She actually lies down on her side and uses both front
>feet to frantically 'dig' on my skin.  Even if I put her on the floor and
>scold her (she uses her claws... and it hurts!) she comes right back and
>does it again.  She seems to do it either when she is tired or
>affectionate, but I haven't figured out the exact reason yet.  It seems
>as if she just wants attention, but if I pick her up, she squirms to get
>down.  She is not a biter nor aggressive in any way.  Does anyone else
>have a ferret that does this?

Yes, all of mine do it, more or less.  It seems to mean "I want your
attention.  Pick me up and love me." Miss Bonnie will follow up by biting
if the scratching doesn't get my attention.  Clyde will just put his teeth
on me big toe.  Booger rools over on his back and stares at me and rubs
his head on my foot.  I pick them up, give a little Ferretone and love and
put them back down.  That seems to make them happy.

--
Russ, Booger, Bonnie & Clyde