From:
Kathleen Boaz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 1995 09:58:02 -0400
Hello All,

Well, I found out one reason why Sparky is moping....he doesn't feel well
because he has developed heart problems.  Could he have developed them from
moping or is it strictly genetic?  He is 5 years old.  The vet took x-rays
and prescribed Lassix (.15 cc twice a day) and cedoxin (.2 cc once a day).
I am worried about the cedoxin.  The vet said it was very toxic and Sparky
has to go in Friday for a blood test to make sure he doesn't have too much
of it in his system!  I have never heard of such a situation before.  Has
anyone else experienced this?  Do the Doctors on here have any experience
with cedoxin?  Is it safe for Sparky to take this?

Thanks for your help,
Kathleen

Ps. The vet said he didn't have congestive heart failure, but rather
something like an enlarged heart.  He also has the swollen abdomen
where the fluids have collected.