From:
Mary Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 23:59:01 EDT
>Do these tsi-tsi flies hurt anything?  Can they hurt anything or the
>ferrets?  Is there any way to get rid of them besides the fly strips?
>Yes, I realize that these are oridinary fruit flies, but I'm Wolfy and
>I have to have a Wolfy way of naming them.

Hi Wolfy ~

You might check other places in the house for the original nesting place
of these fruit flies.  They love things like bananas left out, apples
that are going bad, one bad tomato on the counter, and even sometimes
food (yep fert food) left uncovered.  My experience has been if they are
in your house they can migrate to other rooms, and ferret poop would be
a place for them to go.  You might also make a spray of tea of thyme,
and/or oregano and spray the room where the fuzzies are kept.  It may
help.

Warmly ~
Mary
Herbalist