From:
Barbara Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 10:45:01 -0400
>Any good ideas to keep those fuzzies occupied and happy?  ( It would be
>wonderful if some of you would post your fuzzies favorite activities to
>share with all of us)

Bob Church and a number of other people have come up with some really cool
games to play with your ferrets.  The FML is online now and it's
*searchable*, so you can look through old issues for all sorts of ideas.

The biggest thing that seems to make a difference to my ferrets is rotating
toys, playing games *with* them (dragging towels, plastic bags, even the
dryer hose) and changing something about the toys or environment they have.
Anything new is intensely interesting.  Heck, I put a diningroom chair in
the livingroom and you'd think I'd bought a new toy for them!  They play on
the chairs in the diningroom all the time, but since it was in an unusal
place, suddenly it was interesting all over again.

I also hide toys for a while and then bring them out again.  Cardboard boxes
and tubes of all kinds are fun, but I find they take up a lot of room.
Usually I'll turn a new box into a toy then throw it away when they seem
bored with it.  That way I don't have to walk around it forever.

I also find that when the dryer hose gets boring stretched out in a straight
line, that tieing it into knots makes it interesting all over again.
Stuffed into a box makes it new again, too.  Mine like it when I grab the
end and roll it back and forth and drag it around.  For some reason, jumping
into a moving hose is more interesting than one that sits still!  :)

Anyway, I'm sure you'll find lots of great suggestions.

--Barb--